Friday, November 21, 2008

Quick Update

Just a quick update--apparently November has been a busy month, since I haven't published anything since the 4! I am getting ready to move this weekend, one of my friends is leaving her apartment and her two wonderful roommates, so I get to take over and leave pension life behind! I believe the Señora is a bit upset...she came and told me I needed to be very, very careful in my last week here, because if I break anything, I'll have to pay $500 (pesos). (The only thing I've broken so far is a plate, valued at $3, which she refused to let me replace.) Wish me luck for a speedy escape!

Also, work has been chaotic. We couldn't pay our phone bill, so we lost our internet connection. Now that it's been paid, it will take 2 weeks to turn the phone back on. Since the majority of my work requires the net (at least for reference), I've been working scattered hours, spending half days in the office, then trying to download anything useful from cafes, in order to work the following day.

The good news is that the holidays are coming, and with that vacations!

Just a quick update, more to come soon!

No comments: