Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election Night Party

Ana, a staff at FSD hosted an election night party for all who were interested. Her boyfriend owns a bar, which is normally closed on Tuesdays so we took over, projecting the CNN coverage and blasting "American music," as defined by each who participated.


We dressed in red, white, and blue and goofy hats...


Special election night shots were available for 2 pesos (50 cents) a piece...



And Ana baked a cake to celebrate the victor, which was luckily Obama. I don't think anyone would have had an appetite for cake with another Republican headed for the Whitehouse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That flier isn't exactly subtle as to who is the hoped-for victor! I thought about you, and wondered where and how you were getting the news and celebrating. Glad you had fun, and had appetite for cake!

I went to the party hosted by the Santa Clara County Democratic Party. It was great to celebrate with so many other people who had worked so hard to make this (and other races) happen.

PaganAngel said...

Ooops! The designer of the flyer really tried hard not to make the photos biased! They were supposed to be heroes with McCain representing the hulk. I think she had a hard time finding suitable superhero photos of McCain (maybe that's the telling part).

It sounds like you had a good time, too! Now, if only we could fix this Prop 8 fiasco...