Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back to work...

After a wonderful 2 week vacation (photos here), I'm back in the office. The patients were given a short summer vacation, and the staff is hard at work. One therapist has switched from his normal khakis to board shorts and a T-shirt, and is re-painting the front of the building. There was still no internet.

I met with my supervisor to discuss the strategy for the new year. We finished 2008 with a large increase in our debt, and the sustainability of the center is being examined. They are currently budgeting for the next six months, while planning a full-force attack to increase publicity and seek additional funds during the slow summer months of January and February. However, the message is that if things don't improve dramatically, the organization will be forced to shut its doors in June. I'm sent home to use the internet to follow up on any potential funding leads. Sadly, I come out empty-handed.

My second task is to begin the FSD grant proposal for a Celebrating Families! based program. I quickly find the FSD grant proposal guidelines have changed drastically since they were introduced to us in the beginning of the program, making the process much clearer, but much more involved. And so, I set to work.

Otoniel, my unofficial other officemate, and the son of Sandra (my official officemate).

No comments: