This is a shot of where I buy my produce (the palm tree in the doorway leads to the indoor shop). Through the winter, there's been very few fruits--apples, bananas, pears, strawberries, and lots of oranges! (Nothing exotic.)
The vegetable selection is always high on chard (much cheaper than spinach, which is also here), broccoli, cauliflower, red peppers and tomatoes, carrots, potatoes (dozens of varietals), onions, garlic, fresh basil (dried doesn't seem to exist here), beets and radishes, mushrooms (expensive!), butternut squash, eggplant, lettuce and cabbages, artichokes, and zapallitos (little, round green squash, the size of tennis balls that are beloved by the Argentines, and very similar to zucchini).

2 comments:
JI love the sight of fresh vegetables! Your descriptions of the food, not to mention the photos of it - make it look so appealing!
Is cheese popular in Argentina?
BTW - I hope that you are doing well.
I am doing well, thanks!
Cheese is used a lot (lots of Italian influence), but in general not in the variety or quality that we get. (It's almost all an almost-flavorless white cheese--mozzarella, Parmesan (but I haven't had really good Parmesan here), or Swiss.)
They do have a couple regions that specialize in it--haven't gotten to check those out yet. And they use Roquefort on everything (especially pizza)--I think their Roquefort is better than ours!
Post a Comment