Since being plagued, I’ve noticed a few interesting things about medical treatment here…
· When you enter the waiting room, you say “hi,” to everyone. However, an individual getting (with the accompanying kiss) isn’t necessary.
· You DO greet your doctor with a kiss as you arrive and leave. (This wasn’t much of a surprise, as all the therapists and employees at El Bohío greet the clients with a kiss.)*
· At one doctor’s office, I paid the doctor directly (it was $40 pesos, about $12 dollars for the visit); at another I paid at the reception desk. One time I didn’t have exact change (I had a $50 for the $40 visit), so the doctor told me to not worry about it, and just pay next time. (He had none of my contact information, besides my name (misspelled), and no guarantee I’d return.)
· As I was leaving this day, I suddenly remembered to ask, “Oh, when do I come back?” And he answered, “When you finish the medication, ten days after that.”
· It pays to shop around. I was originally referred to a doctor that charged $150 pesos/visit, before finding the one who charged $40. And finally,
· This is more of a tip…take a written copy of anything with you. I got prescribed the wrong medication because one type started with an “e” while the other didn’t…the doctor thought he heard an “e.”
Back to working on my accent!
*On a slightly related note, I tried explaining mistletoe to a group at Christmastime, and they had a hard time getting it, as they kiss everyone, and thought it was weird to have a tradition like that. I guess it would be the same as if we had to shake someone’s hand when they stood under mistletoe.

1 comment:
NO ME GUSTAN LOS BURRITOS ...PARA NADAAAAAAA!!!!!!!.... Y LAS FOTOS DEL BLOG DEBEN SER AUTORIZADAS ANTES... TANTO ACA COMO EN ESTADOS UNIDOS. Por eso voy a demandarte a vos y a toda tu familia por esta tropeloia inverbe.CONSTE.
Post a Comment